We have suspended all classes please check back for updates!
We give all qualified first responders, qualified medical personal and members of the military branches discounts. We thank you for your courageous and selfless service.
- Instructors will perform daily self-temperature checks when they arrive to the dojo each day
- Increased, thorough cleaning will be conducted using disinfectant on the EPA list effective against COVID-19. This includes walk arounds by our team to continually clean and sanitize high-touch areas
- Increased sanitization stations will be available throughout the dojo floor for member use.
- Check-in is required at the front desk attesting to you being free of all symptoms related to Covid-19 as well as contact information in the event we need to perform contact tracing for the state
- Some pieces of equipment will be temporarily marked out of use to create additional distance between members
- New signage will be placed throughout the dojo that highlights our sanitization and Social guidelines.
- At this time, we will only be training in techniques and movements which maintain social distancing. No sparring, Grappling or person to person contact will be allowed.
The Rhode Island Budo Club does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference or national origin. We gladly consider Men and Women high school age and over as students.
All revenue is to cover expenses, materials, equipment, cleaning supplies and to keep our examination and seminar fees low. Instructors do not collect salaries.
We consider new members as probationary. Once your trial sessions are complete, we ask you make tuition payments each month. We will not ask you to sign a long term monetary contract that will be sold. We do offer short term savings bundles as an option. Your Choice
Members of a traditional dojo/club such as ours, recognize that membership fees support the existence of the dojo, and are not simple payments in exchange for instruction. Membership is a long-term financial commitment. There is no “pay as you train” plan.
We take pride in that our programs give you QUALITY instruction from proper instructors that have an authentic lineage and experience in the arts taught. We are happy to answer any questions about our backgrounds as instructors.
Both the student and teacher commit to each other and we take this very seriously. Budo is a lifelong study and is not for everyone. There is no graduation or highest belt rank achievement, training ends when you are no longer able to do it.
Please contact us for our current rates and promos
Tuition covers all classes and teachings.
We regard the martial arts as a major part of our lives which defines who we are. We consider any new members that we believe will share our dedication. Requirements for advancement can be tedious and difficult. Training is not to be undertaken lightly as these arts require a lifetime of dedicated commitment. The minimum age we will consider is sixteen. Folks do not train with us for a simple martial arts work out. The only reason to train is for personal development, not for superficial validation or rank.
We are a membership club which is part of the Sei Kosho Shorei Kai International, not a commercial dojo, and we don’t rely on a room full of students for profit. We cherish the martial traditions which we feel have unlocked our potentials in this modern stressful world. Committed training practice in a dojo such as ours is a positive life changing journey which requires both our commitment as well as yours.